KITTERY, Maine – A resident and pet escaped securely from a home fireplace at 75 Picott Road Sunday morning that drew a reaction from firefighters in many communities.
Craig Alfis, assistant Kittery fireplace chief, claimed the house was left uninhabitable and the trigger of the fireplace was below investigation.
Alfis claimed the property was occupied by a renter. He reported there ended up no injuries to the renter, to the pet, nor to firefighters.
“I assume the property owner identified as it in as a woodstove fire,” Alfis stated. “There is a wooden stove there, but the most important electric strains occur in at that location, too, so there are a couple of possible will cause for the fireplace. When the first crew arrived, it was upgraded from a stove fire to a structure fire as there was fire showing at the aspect of the residence. We went to a next alarm to get far more mutual assist manpower in below.”
Since the home is positioned near power strains, Alfis explained, firefighters faced a challenge eradicating the home’s siding to get to the fire. He stated hearth had burned as a result of electric power lines.
Alfis said the property owner was on web site, doing work with his insurance company to prepare a place for his tenant to remain for now.
Fire departments from York, Eliot and Portsmouth have been amongst individuals helping the Kittery Fireplace Department at the scene.